Thursday, June 19, 2014

Keeping It White with the CCEE


 Anne continues to give the CCEE Stampers some wonderful challenges this month.  Today's honors the many brides of June.  She explained that June was called marriage month back in the Middle Ages as people were clean in June after their YEARLY bath in May.  So.....to keep it clean, we are to make all white cards.

No stamps were 'hurt' in the creation of this card.  I used a Spellbinder die and two Sizzix embossing folders.......and that was that!!!  This card will go into a stash I am making for a dear friend who always appreciates the cards I give her to use.  For this reason I did not include any sentiment.  She will be able to use it for any occasion.

I love White on White cards, so I can't wait to visit the CCEE Blog to see the spectacular creations I am sure will be on display.  You can also find the details on how YOU can play along with us.

9 comments:

Sabrina said...

LOL, I'm thinking quite a few of us used no stamps at all! I love the combination of the shaped card with the main embossed focal image. Also the embossed scalloped layer is wonderfully effective.

StampOwl said...

Love love love this!

Vicky Gould said...

Fantastic use of these oval dies. Gorgeous card, Joanne!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such gorgeous work with your beautifully embossed and die cut ovals, Joanne! Your white card is a remarkable beauty!

Liz Williams said...

The embossing and the diecuts have such an elegant look on white. Stamping often takes away from that. I like to keep cards "unsentimental" for the same reason you gave. It can be added later to the inside in a personal way to fit the event. Love your pretty creation.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How gorgeous and elegant with the lacy bg and fab embossing!! I love white on white, and I see you do too!!

Lois said...

Love the way you used the die and embossing folders on this beautiful creation. Your friend will love your card.

Maryann said...

Such a great card with all the detailed embossing, you don't even miss the stamping - Maryann

Benzi said...

Outstanding, Joanne. I love white on white cards. Oh....a yearly May bath....perfect time to get married. LOL