Thursday, October 10, 2013

Football with the CCEE Stampers


Well.....I have to say that Anne gave me a hard challenge this week for the CCEE Stampers Challenge.  It apparently is Brett Favre's birthday, so we were to make a card related to football.  Now I know to many this is the big sports season of the year.  However, since I am not really a football fan, it is when football comes in and wipes out my TV of anything I want to watch......not making me a happy camper. 

I was lucky to have this Totally Stampalicious set I could use from my DT work as I would probably never go out and buy any stamp related to football....lol!!!  I did think the striped paper gave the idea of a football field, and filled it out a bit with the MVP border.  However, once again, I had the whole card made when I did the 'kick' sentiment and bumped something and made it crooked.......can't tell you how many times that happens to me when I am stamping a sentiment right on the base.  However, I decided to live with it as I would probably never use this card anyway.

Anyhoooooooo...now that I got all that off my shoulders, be sure to visit the CCEE Stampers Blog where you will see a variety of creative takes related to football.

9 comments:

StampOwl said...

Fabulous footie card Joanne

Lois said...

You are so right about that striped paper -- it does look like a football field. Cute card!!!

Vicky Gould said...

I'm with you when it comes to football season, Joanne. Let's just go stampin/scrappin' shopping! However, for your card, you sure won the game. It's perfect!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is just too cute. I love how you made the grass with the designer papers.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I'm sorry I made you make a card you will never use. I'm sorry I chose a theme that wasn't "you". I'm sorry your words came out crooked. There. Here's a hug. I think your card is such fun....send it to your nephew! He would love it!

Kathy Bradley said...

Jo,
Your card is adorable and I have a box of cards I will never use and someday I mean to tear them apart and keep a few things for future cards.

Amber (bambi64) said...

What a cute card. And if you wouldn't have said anything about your "crooked" sentiment, I would have thought it was done on purpose cause of the word "kick"... like the player had "kicked" the sentiment. ;)

Sabrina said...

Joanne, that striped paper is perfect - and extra fun paired with the gingham field behind it. You certainly did have the perfect image and I love the autumnal tree behind him.
I'm laughing at what you wrote about football replacing what you really want to watch - it used to be like that with cricket on the radio over here. And unlike football - a cricket match can last 5 days. I was so glad when they changed the channel they broadcast it on. I have to admit I quite enjoy the commentary, but enough is enough and 5 days is definitely too much.

Benzi said...

Joanne, this is the most adorable card. You must send it out. I love those hills and I didn't notice the sentiment crooked because I was looking at that colorful tree and the hills.
Oh, I'm sure a football fan (college only) and attend all the home games at the University of AL. Rah Rah! Go Bama!!!!!!!!! Ha