Thursday, September 2, 2010

CCEE Challege and Stampin B's Challenge Cards

Stampin B's Challenge #74
Hostess - Brenda
Challenge - Use a charm.

This entire card was based on the spider charm.  I used an image and sentiment from a set that will be released from the Speedy the Cat Designer Collection called Broom Rides.  It will soon be available from Mark's Finest Papers.  The spider border was made with an EK Success punch.  I used a Cuttlebug web embossing folder on the background, did die cutting with my Nesties, and added some ribbon and brads.  Now be sure to visit the Stampin B's Blog to see the work of the rest of the team and to find out how YOU can play right along with us.

CCEE Challenge -- CCEE1035
Hostess - Frances
Challenge - Make a bookmark
I must admit to being somewhat challenged in the bookmark category.  It is probably because I do all my reading on a Kindle due to my peeper problems.  Have no use for bookmarks.  However, after final making one I liked, I think I will keep it for a cookbook.  The stamps used are by Verve.

I added a small picture of the bookmark being used in a cookbook.  Sometimes a picture can explain how something works better than words.

Now be sure to visit the CCEE Blog to see the creations of the rest of this fabulous team AND to find out how YOU can play along with us.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute image for your stamping B's challenge. I love the black cat laying on the pumpkin. It doesn't get any cuter than that.

Your book mark is so beautifully done. I love the colors, as I am sure you can tell, since I used the same colors. I like the combination of the spellbinders.

Traci M said...

Hi Joanne...I can't keep up with your blog lately, you are a prolific stamper!
Just had to come by and say thank you for the thoughtful comments you've left recently, they have really touched me and made me smile!
This card is adorable, and I have arachnaphobia (sp)for sure (just ask my exterminator)...but it is so well-done I have to comment!! So much great detailing and one really real looking scary spider!
And your bookmark is exquisite in detail and colors...the first time I saw one of those I had no idea how it worked, nice to see it in a picture!!

StampOwl said...

these are both fantastic Joanne

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your Halloween card is Spookylicious! Love the spider web embossing folder and border punch.
Beautiful work with the bookmark, too. I like the different Nestie shapes you used on it. I actually like making bookmarks and think I'll make some this year for my coworkers, who are all educators so they better be reading!

Emily Keaton said...

I love your Halloween card, Joanne!! Great, bold colors and lots of fun textures. Super spider charm ;) !! And your bookmark is just beautiful. I'm going to have to try one of those soon.

Cindy Haffner said...

WONDERFUL projects!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your spooky textured Halloween card SnoSnot!! And your bookmark is GORGEOUS!! Love the colors and your fabulously colored flowers!!

Roxie said...

A great Halloween card, I hate seeing new border punches that I don't have, I want them all.
Great looking bookmark, I like the color combo.

Denise Marzec said...

Looooove that fun Halloween card with all the spider webs...super cool! The bookmark is gorgeous.....I'm SOOOO addicted to these corner bookmarks right now. I can't stop myself, lol!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card for the SB's - too funny this is just the bookmark I wanted to make! Great job!!