Thursday, June 30, 2016

CCEE Stampers Mix It Up

This is Vicky's last challenge as our hostess for the CCEE Stampers Challenge for June! Here is her challenge........

I need to practice mixed media so I can join in more challenges.   I   often back off as I think I’m not able to make a good finished product.   Let’s make a mixed  media card.


Quoting Splitcoaststamers: A "medium" can be any of the following:
 
Pencils - wax, oil, watercolour, graphite/charcoal. chalk/pastel
Pastels - Chalk, oil
Markers - watercolor, pigment, water-based acrylic
Pens - ink, glitter
Pigments - Gelatos, watercolor crayons, metallic rubons
Paints - watercolor, acrylic, oil, poster, tempera
Inks - dye, chalk, distress, reinkers, pigment, hybrid
Powders - mica, pigment, chalk
Sprays & airbrushing
Dimensionals - embossing paste, gesso, fabric, found items, papers (collage, piecing) & ephemera, foils
Heated elements - encaustic wax, embossing

Here is my CAS mixed media card......


I used a stencil with two different colors of distress ink which I sponged on.  I used heat embossing for my MFT sentiment.  I then used a Joanna Sheen butterfly die to create my butterfly which, in real life, is dimensional.  I kept it simple as this will go into my holiday stash of gift cards for the upcoming holiday season.

Be sure to stop by the CCEE Stampers Blog to see the fab and extremely creative cards/projects of this 'bestest' DT.
 

7 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome stenciled background for this delicate butterfly, Joanne! Beautiful card!

Vicky Gould said...

That stencil certainly made one gorgeous card, GF!

Liz Williams said...

This is sensational with the radial pattern leading the eye to that fabulous butterfly. Hope you have fun on your trip. Happy Indepence Day!!!

Lois said...

That stencil is gorgeous! Who makes it? It is the perfect background for your beautiful butterfly.

Maryann said...

A beautiful stencilled background, stencils are my favourite technique for backgrounds

StampOwl said...

love that stencilled background and the colors you used on this card

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love both the die and stencil you used for this beauty!!!