Thursday, October 15, 2015

CCEE Stampers Play with Acetate


Maryann continutes as the CCEE Stampers Challenge hostess for October.  Here is her challenge.

Maryann here for today's challenge. I am asking the girls to please use Acetate in any form for their project.

I did my own version of the smacking acetate technique only I used Brushos.  After several failed attempts, I went with using just yellow Brusho, sprinkled on the acetate sheet.  This way I could be sure of the 'spread' of the powder, an issue I have when I do it directly to paper.  I then misted the powder and acetate with water and placed my paper face down on the acetate.  I then let it dry naturally and heat embossed my image by I Brake for Stamps onto the panel.  The SU sentiment was also heat  embossedI then added the piercing around the edges of the base card and placed three brads above the sentiment.

Be sure to visit the CCEE Blog to view the acetate related creations by the rest of this fabulous DT.

7 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

That is one beautiful Halloween card, Joanne. Love how your background turned out!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How pretty this is in the yellow and black! Your technique seems to be too much for me......I'll just appreciate yours!!!

Sabrina said...

Great way to use acetate, Joanne. Thanks for the tip on using Brushos with it, I hear you on not being able to control it so much on paper.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous acetate creation, Joanne! The black embossing looks wonderful on your yellow Brusho background! Fabulous work!

Lois said...

Beautiful, Joanne. I've never tried the Smacking Acetate technique, and you sure did a great job with your version.

StampOwl said...

love your smacking acetate background, been a while since I did this. Glad you made it work with what you wanted to use

Liz Williams said...

Love how you did your own thing on this technique. I am just going to have to invest in some of those Brushos. I love the wonderful results. Beautiful card!