Thursday, November 20, 2014

Uniique Photo Creations by the CCEE



Maryann, our CCEE Stampers hostess for November, asked us to use photos in some way on our cards.  I immediately went to photos I have of my two of my three favorite places to vacation......Maine and Aruba.

The first a birthday card I created by printiing a picture of Nubble Light in York, Maine on cardstock using the sepia tones.  I kept it simple and neutral in tones as this is a masculine birthday card for a friend.

On the second, I used pictures of a divi tree and one of a palm covered table on the beach.  The glasses shown are a rubber stamp which I heat embossed and then cut out.  I then sized the pictures to fit in the glass lenses.  It didn't come out quite as cute as I thought it would.....it seems to need a 'nose' to fill in the empty area between the glasses and the sentiment.  Maybe I should have put a mustache......thinking of a previous challenge this month.....lol!!!

Be sure to visit the CCEE Blog.  I myself can't wait to see what the other team members created with their photos.

8 comments:

Maryann said...

Great cards and so different, fantastic idea to use photos of your favourite places. Adding a moustache, hhhmmm I think it may remind me of Groucho Marx. LOL - Maryann

StampOwl said...

What fun photo cards ... Those sunnies make me smile!

Vicky Gould said...

Love your sepia tones, but those glasses are a hoot! I love your creatity, GF!!!

Sabrina said...

Two wonderful cards, Joanne - I'm so glad you shared them both. I love the lighthouse scene, but the sunglasses one is such a cool card idea. Lovely to see your blog header in context!

Lois said...

Great photos made great cards. I love the one with the glasses -- very creative!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the sepia tone card.....looks so Vintage....and that lighthouse photo is marvelous! The card with the glasses is pure fun!! WOW!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such awesome creations with your gorgeous photos, Joanne!! I need to travel to some exotic places and take some pictures!!

Liz Williams said...

I love both of these cards and how great you also shared your love for the sea. I love it too and I so enjoy all your sea related pictures you pin on pinterest.