Saturday, July 26, 2014

Crazies Go Crazy for Folds

The Crazy4Challenges challenge this week was to use multiple folds on our cards/projects.  I am not really a stamper who gravitates toward fancy folds.  I appreciate the fabulous fancy fold creations of others, but I find I just don't seem to send the fancy fold cards I make.  Who knows why???  Anyhooooo....so I just wasn't sure what I would do for this challenge.  Well, in my stamp cave I have decorated the walls with cards sent to me by my stamping friends......they give me both happy memories and inspiration.  Well, my eyes settled on a card Dawn Lusk had sent me a while ago.....a lighthouse card done with a similar fold to what I ended up creating.

I used a stamp (by Repeat Impressions) of my very favorite place  ......Cape Neddick Light in York, Maine, lovingly nicknamed Nubble Light as the lighthouse is located on a nubble.  Here is a picture of the real Nubble Light.


Be sure to visit the Crazies Blog to see all the fancy folds I am sure this DT used.....they are so talented and creative......I sometimes wonder how I was lucky enough to be on this team from its very start.  Thanks for that go to Hoots and Cindy Haffner who started this team!!!

5 comments:

StampOwl said...

what a fun card! You rocked this challenge, so fun having you on the DT :)

Kristine Reynolds said...

This is beautiful! I know what you mean about not sending fancy fold cards. I think it's because they take so much time and turn out so beautifully so it's hard to part with them! But feel free to pop this one in the mail to me! :)

VanessaB said...

such a beautiful card- a little piece of art work to cherish :)

Karen Aicken said...

This is such a great card for the challenge. LOVE the scene you recreated!
Cheers
Karen

Benzi said...

That is a wonderful fold, Joanne, and how super that you made a card with an image of a place you love.