Thursday, June 26, 2014

CCEE'ers Protect Their Peepers with Sunglasses


It would take me hours to tell you the story behind this card......seems like I kept taking wrong turns in the creative process........ending up in a new direction each time......and even getting lost and almost giving up along the way.

The challenge was an easy enough one.  Anne asked the CCEE Stampers to create a card using sunglasses as a reminder to protect out eyes as the sun is getting stronger in the Northern Hemisphere.  No problem, I thought.  I have dies of glasses, a large stamp of glasses.......however.....I did not have any vellum or transparency that looked like the lenses of sunglasses......and that was the rub.......!!!!!  So I went to general plan 2.......I had buttons that were sunglesses......so I cut the shanks off and would use them as accents on my card.........but the design I had in mind just wouldn't work......but the beach scene was fine so I kept that element.  I then dug deep and found this image of sunglasses which I repeatedly stamped on the orange c/s.  However, the card looked EMPTY.....so forage I did and found this unmounted bather I don't think I have ever used before.  Colored her up, cut her out.....attached her to the card.......and then realized the orange piece probably should have been cut to look a bit more like a surfboard.....but I was not starting over again!!!   So, as they say.....IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!!

It is also very appropriate as on the day that this posts, I will be ocean gazing......ah....love the ocean breezes, the salty air, the sun shining on my face, the smell of fresh seafood (esp. ''lobstah'), the sounds of the waves......and the good company of dear friends.

Can't wait to be inspired by the sunglasses creations of the rest of the team.  Let's all journey over to the CCEE Stampers Blog to be inspired.

8 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your fabulous beach scene, Joanne, with your sandy shore and beach babe matron who looks entirely too much like me! I got a big grin out of this sensational card!

StampOwl said...

Loved your story of how you created this, I think we all have those type of cards ;) love the finished card complete with the beach babe and sunglasses border panel

Liz Williams said...

How fun is this card, and the fact that you are now enjoying the Oceanside yourself!! Breath in some of the wonderful sea air for me. I have yet to get to the beach this summer.

Sabrina said...

Ah - but the orange does work as a surfboard even though it's not the exact shape. The first thing I thought was "where are the sunglasses" since we are seeing your bather (plenty like those in the 367 days a year swimming brigade where I grew up, LOL), and then I saw them and immediately associated it with a surfboard. Fab paper in summer colours - and of course the beach scene is beautiful.

Lois said...

Hope you are enjoying yourself at the beach today, Joanne. You took a long and convoluted journey to get there!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

It may have taken a number of directions, but the card you finished and posted is wonderful. I love the panel of sunglasses as is, and the image just made me giggle, as that's what we all look like in a b. suit, with a jiggle here, and a fold there!! Well done!

Vicky Gould said...

I wanna be at the beach with you....I'll probably never see it again now that I'm alone!

Love that babe...looks a little like my rear! Cute as can be.

Have a great vacation!

Benzi said...

Super creation, Joanne. I've been there when making a card and just wanted to throw up my hands and leave the craft room. Love your panel of sunglasses and the sunbather.

I'm a little late but hope you are or have enjoyed your beach trip. I'm heading there in a couple of weeks...of course, different beach. :-)