Thursday, September 5, 2013

Happy B'day with Lois


Lois is the CCEE Stampers hostess for the month of September.  So, she gave us a challenge to create a birthday card as this is her birthday month.  I want you to know that this card is really striking in person....it is not the muddy mess you see above.  I just could not get a good picture of it.  Maybe I should have used a darker backdrop.  Anyhooooooo.....I used a virgin stamp set from Stampin' Up......I just had to have this set when it came out and then I never used it......badddd, Joanne!!!!

I love this orange/yellow/blue plaid paper......it is from a paper pad.....wish I could buy it by the sheets.  Don't you sometimes just find a paper you want to use over and over and over again????

Well....I hope Lois had a great b'day....to check the the challenge birthday cards go to the CCEE Blog.

8 comments:

StampOwl said...

such a pretty card

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Love this color combo....and all the fab piercings!

Lois said...

Great plaid!!! I know what you mean about wanting single sheets of a piece found in a pad. And it's usually the plaids that make me think that!

Sabrina said...

Muddy mess! It certainly doesn't look like that, so if it looks even better IRL it must be quite stunning.
Warm wishes is certainly the perfect sentiment with those warm colours.
Yep, I too hear you on the paper. Sometimes I've bought `12x12 sheets from Basic Grey of designs I particularly like, even though the scale is larger I still use them.
I love your header photo too - makes me think of Greece!! I know it's not new, but I don't think I mentioned it before.

Vicky Gould said...

Love the color combo....you always make the prettiest cards, GF!

Benzi said...

Joanne, this card is so striking..even if you think you didn't get a good photo. What a fabulous image and the paper is so pretty. Great job on this beauty.

Kathy Bradley said...

Jo,
Gorgeous card and wonderful colors - very cool layout!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so beautiful, Jo. I love the orange and turquioise together. I love this paper, too.