Thursday, November 1, 2012

CCEE1244 - Faux Pressed 'Flowers'


I know....I know.......these are technically NOT flowers.....however, I did do the required technique, I just added the twist of snowflakes (they are winter's 'flowers'!!  Please keep the challenge police away.....after all, we did just have a terrible Superstorm come through.......!!!!!  PLUS....a snowflake has some things in common with flowers......the 'branches' of the snowflake (don't know the technical term) are like petals.......they have a 'center' which can be decorated, like flowers,.....and they are pretty (as long as I don't have to shovel them or drive over them)!!!

While I am mentioning the storm, my prayers and thoughts go out to all those who suffered so greatly in loss of home and/or life.  Our CT coastline was devastated along with our neighboring RI beaches.  And...NY and NJ.......wow!!!  Feet of snow in WV.....truly a FRANKENSTORM as some named it!!  We were so very lucky.  For us it was mostly a wind event with a normally heavy rain.  I was beginning to think I would be meeting up with Dorothy and the Tin Man in Oz....but glad to say we weathered it all very well.

Anyhooooooo.....back to the challenge.....you really must check out this faux pressed flower tutorial on SCS....if really is fun and quite simple.  AND...it has a wow effect too!!!  I am so glad Vicky, our hostess for November,  made me work out of my comfort zone and try a new technique.....I will definitely be making more soon!!!

Now be sure to go to the  CCEE Stampers Blog to see the fabulous work of my dear friends, my fellow CCEE Stampers.  They are sure to amaze you with their talents!!!

8 comments:

StampOwl said...

This rocks Joanne

Benzi said...

What a great idea to use snowflakes, Joanne. You had your thinking cap on. :-) Love your wintry card.

I'm so glad you were o,k. in the storm. So much sadness for so many.
A truly devastating event.

Lois said...

Glad you made it through the storm with little damage. I had to chuckle at your "winter flowers." But it's such a pretty card in blue and white.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the bright blue, and if you say that flakes are flowers, who am I to argue!!! Well done!

wannabcre8tive said...

I like the use of the snowflakes. A very beautiful card.

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECT Joanne!~

Sabrina said...

I think snowflakes work perfectly, as soon as I saw them I thought of them being winter's flowers. I'm glad you didn't have any major impact from the storm yourself - though high winds can be scary enough!

Vicky Gould said...

I love your winter flowers. Like how you did the sentiment too. Beautiful card, GF!