Thursday, August 30, 2012

CCEE'ers Go Back to School


Anne has been our CCEE Stampers hostess for the month of August, and this week she gave us a theme to work with ........Back to School.  Well, as a retired middle school teacher, I have lots of friends who are returning to their classrooms this week.  This card is dedicated to them, and will probably go to one for a b'day card at some point.

Now, for me, yesterday was our annual First Day of School Retiree Breakfast.  We always have a fab time catching up on everyone's happenings/travels/stories.  Yesterday was also  the first day of my SEVENTH year of retirement.  Time has just flown by......feels like yesterday that I wheeled my bag out of school for the last official time.

For those of you with children still in school, I wish each and everyone the most successful and fun school year possible.  Know that the teachers are as anxious as the kids when a new year begins.  There is always the hope and expectation that the year will go smoothly, that parents will be supportive, children will be excited to learn, that the administration will be flexible and have their back, and that the community will support the school and its endeavors.  On the first day of school everyone is an optimist........and for all of the teachers, students, parents, administrators, and community members reading this, I wish for you a year with optimism in daily doses that last until June.  Enjoy!!!!

Anyhoooooooo......be sure to go to the CCEE Stampers' Blog to check out the fabulous back to school creations of the rest of this tremendously talented and friendly team.

9 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

She looks really cute for her first day of school. I love the paper pieced dress and the nestie you used.

StampOwl said...

This is adorable

Vicky Gould said...

Aww, Joanne, the teacher in you came out in this adorable card! That little girl is all ready for the first day (My Laynee started Kintergarden yesterday; wonder if she looked that cute!).

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the pieced dress......she looks ready for the first day. THX for adding the RED!

Benzi said...

Wonderful post today, Joanne. I enjoyed reading it. You must miss teaching but I'm thinking you are glad to be retired. Who wouldn't be?
Your card is such a cutie and perfect for the back-to-school theme.

Lois said...

Sweet card with your little girl all dressed up for her first day back at school. Great DP!

Kathy Bradley said...

Jo,
What a sweet image and her little dress is pieced wonderfully - very pretty card! What a nice back to school comment you typed for teachers, students - lovely.

Sabrina said...

It looks as if a lot of people carried on piecing after the previous challenge :D. Mind you, I always think it's the perfect thing for dressing those little PI girls.Fabulous papers, too.
A lot of my family (and DH's) are/were teachers. It's not something I ever wanted to do, but I have great admiration for those who love teaching and can inspire their students.

Cindy Haffner said...

What a SWEETIE!~