Saturday, April 28, 2012

Paper Piecing with the Crazies


Paper piecing is the challenge Cindy issued to the Crazy4Challenges team this week.  I must admit that I had great ambitions with this challenge, but three totally failed.  I then decided I was attempting  ones that were just too detailed for my weak peepers to cut.......so then I went the opposite way......this chair from a Flourishes set, was 'made' for paper piecing.  I used a striped dp that blended well with the floral dp. of my background layer.

I have been trying to once again make some easily mailed cards for a friend's daughter to does a women's ministry in CA.  It is fun to have a purpose to all these cards I make......rather than having stockpiles that I will never be able to use.

Now.....with the talent on this team, I just know that you are going to see some fabulous examples of paper piecing...much more detailed than mine.....at the Crazies Blog.  Go there and check them out!!!!

6 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love your pieced chair

Silli said...

awww, wonderful gf, love the pretty image and the colors...Happy week-end! xoxo

Benzi said...

Good image choice for paper piecing, Joanne. Lovely card with a wonderful sentiment.

Cindy Haffner said...

Real PRETTY!~

shamraiz said...

Wow. What a difference a blue makes! That is definitely a pop on the second card but I like the warm, cozy feel of the first one. Maybe it's the BG stamp I really like too...


Membership Cards
Plastic VIP Cards
scratch cards

Traci M said...

That image is perfect...would love to have this handsome chair in my dining room~Ha!! What a nice thing to make cards for a women's ministry! Love it!