Thursday, December 15, 2011
CCEE Challenge -- My Card of Calamities
1. I thought I had this card done and posted until about 7 o'clock tonight.
2, When I realized I was mistaken...off to the stamp cave I descended.
3, Embossed the ornament in red and then embossed the center decoration in what I thought was black....turned out to be copper. Had to redo. Not bad so far, right????
4, Pushed back my chair to reach for my heating gun.....and the caster on the front leg of my stampcave chair broke off......ackward seating for the rest of the creative session.
5. Redid the ornament, using the black embossing powder for the center decoration.....starting to feel okay again.
6. Cut the papers for the background and decided to use a punch to 'fancify' the corrners. When I pulled out the drawer that holds my small punches, the handle and entire front of the drawer came off in my hands. Will fix that another day.
7. Finally had everything ready to go......but my quilling glue bottle was no where to be seen. In the process of trying to find that, I lost the die cut 'ribbon' and had to die cut once again.
8. Finally remembered that the glue bottle was upstairs from when I had to repair some Christmas cards so headed up to 'put it all together'. However, upstairs I did not have a thin enough pin to clear the end of my glue container....so down two flights of stairs to get a pin AND up two flights to finish my task.
9. Card is finally completed BUT, as you will see when you look at this carefully, the 'tail' on my 'ribbon' is crooked and does not go to the jewel as it should....but ya know what.......it is what it is and it is staying that way......lol!!!
By the way...the CCEE challenge was to have a card/project that was ornament related in some way. I used this set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. Please be sure to go to the CCEE Blog for fabulous ornamental creations done by the fantasticly talented and creative DT.