Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ribbons of Summer

This card is for my CCEE Stampers Challenge and my Stampin B's Challenge.  I am the July hostess for the CCEE Stampers Challenge, and I gave the team a 'seasonal' challenge.  We are an international team, with members from Canada, the United States, and Australia.  Most of us are in the midst of summer right now, but Frances, in Australia, is experiencing her winter season.  So....the team had a choice.....either make a summer or a winter card.  I went with summer.  I used the Adirondack Summer set from Mark's Finest Papers.

Faith is our hostess for this week's Stampin B's Challenge, and she wanted the team to use ribbon.  I used my fav summer barefoot twill for my ribbon element.

I sincerely hope you have time to visit the blogs of these two fabulous teams.  You will be inspired -- that I can guarantee.

CCEE Stampers Blog
Stampin B's Blog

Now...I just want to give you a heads up on a blog hop that will be starting at 9 PM tonight.  Totally Stampalicious will be releasing SIX new sets.....and PRIZES will be involved.  So...I hope you stop by again tonight...you could become a WINNER!!!!

11 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Joanne!!! The silhouette stamp looks sooo pretty in front of the sun and I LOOOVE the fun twill...in fact, I wish I was sitting in that chair right now!!!

StampOwl said...

wow this is beautiful Joanne, makes you want to sit and relax on some beach :)

pam124 said...

I don't know what I like better, the beautiful relaxing scenic b/g or that fabulous ribbon. You reall nailed this. I absolutely LOVE it!! Hugs!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I had me a sneakin' suspicion that you'd go with the summer theme. :-) It's definitely a beautiful and serene scene that I'd like to surround myself in. And that barefoot ribbon twill? Too dang cute! Awesome card!

Dawn B. said...

This is such a great card. I amn so ready for the beach myself. I can't wait. That scene paired up with your ribbon is perfect. Great card Joanne.. One of my favorites of yours.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the feet on your ribbon~

Benzi said...

Love this card, Joanne. The willow in front of the sun is just gorgeous. I'm so glad I am in the summer season right now....can hardly bear winter. All is fine until after Christmas and then, for me, it is downhill all the way.

Cindy Haffner said...

Joanne this is so PEACEFUL!!~

Carol L said...

You've painted a gorgeous scene, and the ribbon is perfect! Love this!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so enticing. I want to be there. Beautiful scene and that ribbon is so cute.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Oh my goodness! This is such a fabulous card, Joanne! I love scenes, especially beach scenes and this is gorgeous. The twill tape is perfect!