Thursday, June 9, 2011

CCEE and Stampin B's Challenges

Lois gave us a real challenge this week.  The Stampin B's were given a 1-2-3 challenge......1 layer, 2 stamps, 3 colors.  As many of you know, 1 layer is near impossible for me.......but I did it!!!!  I used the image and sentiment stamp from the newly releases set, Poppies, Poppies, Poppies, from Mark's Finest Papers.  For my three colors, I used green, red, and black/gray.  I added paper piercing, ribbon (SU), and a ribbon charm.

Now be sure to checl out the other one layer beauties at the Stampin B's Blog.

Francis is the hostess of the CCEE Stamper's Challenge this month.  Francis shared with us that the baseball was invented on June 12th 1839, so for our challenge this week we were to create a card that has a sports theme. The sport doesn’t have to be baseball.   I went with golf.  This card will go to my golf-crazy sister at some point, and then I will add a sentiment.  I used a stamp from I Brake for Stamps.  I somewhat borrowed this sketch from a past Mojo Monday sketch I had printed up a while ago.  I embossed the white background to resemble a golf ball's texture.

Now.....I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see what the rest of the team does with this sports inspired challenge.  To find out, visit the CCEE Stampers Challenge Blog.

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

2 more awesome cards!!!!!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

That is a beautiful one layer card and the coloring is fab.

Love that image on your sports card, so cute.

pam124 said...

Joanne, your one layer card is beautiful for the StampinB challenge this week. I love that you didn't use the traditional white for the one layer card. Your flowers are beautiful and I love your paper piercing and slider/ribbon. Hugs!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!~

Benzi said...

Beautiful one layer poppy creation. Your sis is sure to love her card. Great job with the embossing folder..so golf-ish!

Emily Keaton said...

I went the poppy route for my StampinB card, too, Joanne! This looks lovely on pale green. I love your ribbon slide--a perfect go-with for the poppies!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your poppies card really "pops!" Stunning coloring!

You also happen to have some of the funniest images. I love this golfer chick. She could probably use a lesson in proper form, though, huh? So cute!!