Thursday, May 26, 2011

The B's and CCEE's Are Challenging Again!!!!

I have a feeling that when you go to look at the rest of the Stampin B's cards, I will be the odd woman out.  Our challenge this week was to make a collage card.  I know, I know....this is not the typical collage card.  I really do try to mix stamped images into a stamped collage card, but I just am never pleased with the results.  So.....since the B's have 'no rulz', I went with another type of collage......the type where you bring different forms of elements together in one creation.  I honestly LOVE this card......so......I guess that is the most important thing, right?????

This is my fav ever image from Innovative Stamp Creations.  The sentiment is by another company but I forgot to write it down when I came up from the stampcave.  If you need to know, just ask in your comment.

Now be sure to go and check out all the fab collage cards at the Stampin B's blog.

Our CCEE Stampers Challenge team was asked to make western themed birthday cards.  Well, I just had to once again use the newly release Cowgirl Dottie from Totally Stampalicious.  She is so sassy.   The sentiment is an unmounted I bought at a stamp convention long ago and is not marked.  I used some stretch cording and a swirl brad, along with a MS deep border punch, SU oval punch, Sizzix embossing folder, and some rhinestones.

You can be sure that you'll find some rootin' tootin' western creations at the CCEE Stampers Blog.

12 comments:

Francie G. said...

Joanne, the first creation is gorgeous! Wow! So many fabulous details! Love all the elements! Love the cute image on the second and your elegant background! Beautifully done, as usual!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Joanne!!~

Vicki Dutcher said...

You know I adore the ISC image! Great collage card~

StampOwl said...

awesome cards Joanne

pam124 said...

What a beautiful collage card Joanne. I struggled SO MUCH with this challenge. Yours is so refreshing with that beautiful scenery and your details divine!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Well, I do believe you've knocked my socks off with that gorgeous by-the-sea collage creation. Wow! Beautifully embellished and colored, Jo!
Your cowgirl looks pretty sassy....just like she can hold her own, that's for sure. So pretty in pink, too!

Benzi said...

Joanne, I think you took the route on the Stampin' B's card that I should have taken. Every time I see the thumbnail of my collage card, I think it looks like a brain. Ooh, did I say that? I absolutely love your 'B' card..they are both super. I really like all the pink for Cowgirl Dottie.

Carol L said...

I much prefer your collage style to the norm, which is why I rarely do them myself. Collage and monochromatic cards just make me cranky :)Both of your cards are amazing!

Emily Keaton said...

I was stumped by the "collage" idea for my card and ended up doing my own thing, too!! I love your by-the-ocean collage. So calming!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the layout of your first card!! The way you made your scene in the circle and added the notebook page sentiment...Fabulous!! And your hot cowgirl with the textured pink and rope...too fun!! Girl, you're on fire!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful ocean card. Love the cute cowgirl card with the embossing and the bakers twine. She looks like she has it all under control is ready to run the ranch.

Elaine said...

I really do love this card! I have only been to the ocean once, in 60 years, but long for it! It is so peaceful, to just sit there and listen to the waves.
I would love to know who makes the senitment stamp you used. I have several that reflect my love for the ocean, and would love to add this one to my collection.
elaine elford