Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Doubling Up on Challenges

With the new puppy, doctor appts., and trying to keep up with my swimming.....and a lunch or two with friends, my stamping time is pretty limited.  So I was happy to combine my Tea Party card with today's Sketch Challenge on SCS.  Rox gives us such fab sketches and 'da Mudda' gives us the opportunity to send our Tea Party cards around the country and the world to help bring smiles to some folks with various challenges.  This week's recipient is a young man recovering from some severe burns.  We were to do a sports related card......but once again I have found a 'hole' in my stamp collection.....not many sports stamps.....so I went with my fav fishing silhouette stamp by 100 Proof Press.  I think fishing is a sport!!!

Anyhoooooo.....thanks so much for stopping by.

I had a nice surprise today....I found out that one of my Totally Stampalicioous cards is featured at the Bugaboo Stamps Blog today.  How fun is that??!!!

Well....have to go play with the pup and dog as I need to head out to lunch soon with some very dear friends....haven't seen many of them for a bit considering the winter we have had!!  Enjoy YOUR day!!!

8 comments:

Benzi said...

Congrats on your TS card being featured at the Bugaboo Stamps Blog.
I love the sketch of this card, Joanne. I may have to use it..didn't get to play on Rox's sketch today. Lovely image AND card!!!
Enjoy lunch with friends!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Girl I LOVE this!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your panels and that wonderful silhouette stamp Joanne!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello sweet friend, I hope all is well! Joanne, I love this card, this is such a sweet image! Hugs, Sabrina

Emily Keaton said...

What a stunning silhouette card, Joanne! Great job using the sketch. I really like how you picked up colors from that pretty plaid for your background panels. :)

StampOwl said...

oh I love it Joanne

Carol L said...

I love the plaid dp you chose for this great card! It's so serene, and all sports don't necessarily have to be loud and exciting!
Congrats on your featured card! Woot!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Yes, I would say fishing is a sport, too! Beautiful silhouette card, JoJo! Great job with this sketch design.