Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ah...... a Nice Break from Real Life.....

After spending the last few days with friends on Cape Cod in the Hyannis area, I have now come home to a snowstorm.....yes...another gosh darn SNOWSTORM!!  Mother Nature just has not been kind to Connecticut this winter. Anyhooooo, despite a bit of a stomache 'bug, getting away from home was a nice break.  It really gives one an instant renewal....a breath of fresh air (especially some ocean air)!!!!   AND, I am happy to say that my fellow travelers were good sports and took me to Colorful Creations, a paper crafting store on Main St. in Hyannis.
As the hostess for the CCEE challenge, I noticed that as tomorrow will be March 25, it is now 9 months until the winter holidays.  I think it is time to get our stashes growing.  So the challenge is to make a Christmas/winter holiday card.  (Sorry about the 'dull' photo...was just one of those days when I took it!!!)

Be sure to visit the CCEE Stamper's Blog to see what wonders the rest of this fab team created.

Nancyruth is the hostess for the Stampin B's this week and she asked us to make masculine birthday cards.  I use Totally Stampalicious' set called Mr. Fixit for the image and Old Brawd for the sentiments. 

Be sure to check out the masculine b'day cards from the rest of this fabulous team by visiting the Stampin B's Blog.

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

FAB Joanne!!~

StampOwl said...

fabulous cards as usual Joanne :)

Celia said...

OMG, your winter house reminds my of a blast from the past. That isn[t the old PSX winter house, is it?

Emily Keaton said...

Joanne, I just LOVE that pretty holiday house in black and white. So classic! And your StampinB masculine card is hilarious. I think the snow is going to bypass us here (north of Boston). Thank goodness!! I hope that what you end up getting is manageable. I am *so* done with snow. Bet you are, too!

Jodi Collins said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Joanne! LOVE that elegant Christmas card! Hope you are doing great!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Snow.......again. Us too. I'm really sick of it, and am thinking SPRING really hard. Glad you had fun, but sorry you had to return to yucky weather!! Ah, New England!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Welcome home, JoJo! Glad to hear you had a great time away; it IS always refreshing to get away and renew your energy. I love, love, love your beautiful Christmas card, and your masculine card is a crack up! Great crimped cardstock.

Carol L said...

Oh My,your Christmas card is WONDERFUL!! I love the little pops of red here and there! Your masculine card is hilarious too, and I agree.....a little trip to a crafting store does wonders :)

wannabcre8tive said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, I always love the black and white cards. Your stampin B card is so cute. Love that sentiment.

Benzi said...

Couldn't have picked a better image for your Stampin'B card, Joanne. This guy is cool. LOL

How awesome is that Christmas card. Love it with just the few touches of red. And, the houndstooth is to die for.

Have a splendid weekend. Glad you had a relaxing trip and got to go to a craft store. Yea!

Stacy Morgan said...

I love that cottage scene and the hint of red is perfect. Gus is hilarious... very fun and cute.

Dawn B. said...

I am ready for summer but I sure do love your winter scene... So pretty. Glad you had a good time.. I love the ocean.. It relaxes me..