Monday, January 17, 2011

A Few Challenges to Share........

This card was created for two SCS challenges.  Our destination station for the Tuesday Tea Party Challenge is a police officer hurt in the line of duty who happens to love dogs.  I used one of my fav funny sets from There She Goes Clear Stamps (TSG) as I thought it might generate a smile during his recuperation.  This is also for last week's Sketch Challenge on SCS which I just never seemed to get around to doing.  Fab sketch, Roxie!!!

I am also entering this one into TSG's Challenge to use wet embossing.  I used it on my sentiment.  This is also being done for the Wild Orchid Challenge to have a sentiment on your card.

This second card was done for the SCS Techniique Challenge which was to use silhouette images.  As many of you know, I have times when my peepers are pretty weak, and at those times, silhouettes are just the best stamps for me.  So I was happy to play along with my SCS/blog friend, Joan Ervin, who was the hostess for this challenge this week.

I have entered this card into the Anything Goes challenge at Pile It On.

This third card is not my fav, but it is an example of my struggle to get better at CAS cards.  The CAS challenge on SCS was a sketch challenge this week, and this is my result.  CAS is soooooo tough......I know my image should have been smaller so the balance was better, but I just didn't have the time to do it all again.  The image is a digi from Delicious Designs.....and was chosen 'cuz it looks like my Pepper......figured the pooch might want to send a V'day card or two.

This card is also entered into the Cuttlebug Challenge to use a song for inspiration.  My song is the oldie called Puppy Love.  Also entering this into the Happy Monday challenge which was to use a heart in your design.  Since this image is a new one to my stash, I am entering the Crafty Pad challenge of using new stuff.

Snow/Ice/Freezing Rain/ Rain.....they are all on the menu for our weather tonight and tomorrow (Tuesday), so I am hoping to stay inside, warm, and play a bit more in the stamp cave.  Hopefully it comes in the stated order so that the rains will take care of snow without shoveling needed!!!!!

14 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

LOVE all THREE!!!

Barbara said...

JoAnn, our challenge this week at The Crafty Pad is: Something New. Your card is darling and certainly fits the challenge but you have not linked to our site. I am sure that you just got busy when posting. We would love for your entry to count this week. Hugs XX

StampOwl said...

awesome cards Joanne

Benzi said...

Joanne I love all your cards...the fire hydrant is sure to give smiles and your silhouette card is gorgeous. The 'Pepper' card is just adorable and I'm sure your sweet doggie will be pleased to send this one to a friend. Stay warm in all that wet weather.

Carol L said...

All three of your cards just rock!! Love love love the fire hydrant, and that's got to bring a smile to that police officer!

Lorraine said...

Great cards but I really love the hydrant. Pmsl at the sentiment. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

MiamiKel said...

Super cute cards! Thanks for joining us at Deedee's Challenge blog this week!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hi there Joanne, my friend!! Sorry I have been MIA :C. All three of your cards are totally awesome!! It does not matter what kind of stamp you get in your fingers you always turn it into a masterpiece!! I hope all is well!! Hugs, Sabrina

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

You never cease to amaze me with your fabulous creativity with your sketch designs, piercing, and embossing. I love all three cards, and especially got a kick out of your cute Pepper card. Terrific use of designer paper in your red, black, and white card.

Joan Ervin said...

Your cards are soooo full of awesomeness, gf!!!! The hydrant image and sentiment on the first gave me a giggle...tooo cute!!! I love the silhouette stamp on the second and what an adorable little pup!!! I had to work today so no stamping for me...I'm afraid I will be really late for the tea party!!!!

Cindi said...

wonderful cards! the hydrant one cracked me up
":)

Anonymous said...

Joanne, your cards are all fantastic! Your hydrant card gave me a much needed giggle. The silhouette card is just so pretty -- what a fantastic scene. And of course your puppy card is just super sweet -- your Pepper must be a real cutie! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafting With Deedee's Digis! :-)

Scrappy said...

These cards are all fantastic! LOVE 'em! Thanks so much for joining us at Pile it on this week! Hope you’ll be back to join us again soon!

Lagene said...

Congrats on your win on Crafting With Deedee Digis!