Saturday, November 6, 2010

Speedy's Friends and Crazy4Challenges Combo

Lovin' it when I can combine challenges and have more 'play' time during the week.  Cindy Haffner is our Crazy4Challenges hostess for the month of November and her first week's challenge was to make a square card.  Harriet is our hostess this week for the Speedy's Friends Challenge, and piercing is what she asked us to use.

The image and sentiment come from a set soon to be released by Mark's Finest Papers from their Speedy the Cat Designer Collection called Bells on Bobtail.

The checkerboard paper was computer generated (actually was a leftover from my Tea Party NASCAR card).  The snowflakes were created from both a Marvy snowflake punch and a Martha Stewart snowflake punch.

Now be sure to visit both team blogs.  Here are the links to get you there.

Crazy4Challenges Blog

Speedy's Friends Blog



AND NOW....since I combined those two challenges, I had some time to play yesterday.  I decided to play with a sketch from My Favorite Things and my fellow Crazies, Cindy and Frances.  Here is their sketch.

I decided to do two versions with the sketch with many of the same elements on both, but with totally different themes.

The first version is my SWEET version, using a Pure Innocence image and sentiment from My Favorite Things.  Isn't this boy with his pooch just precious???


After making that card, I went to get the mail and a little manila envelope held my new Bugaboo Stamps from Totally Stampalicious, so of course I had to play and make my SASSY version of this same card.  I already know who will receive this card..........
She just cracks me up!!!! This will also be entered into the Totally Stampalicious Challenge which was to use a RED bow.

Amazing how these two cards are so similar and yet totally DIFFERENT in tone!!!!

Hoping you are enjoying the start of a fabulous weekend.

26 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL work Joanne.

Becky said...

What wonderful cards.

Vicki G said...

OH my gosh! What an eyeful~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE your square card, the colours are just yummy! It's amazing how an image can change the look of the card. I love them both and am so glad to be playing with you all again!

Hugs

Vicki

StampOwl said...

awesome cards Joanne, glad you found some time to play the MFT Sketch this month

Harriet Skelly said...

Joanne all of your cards are awesome as always! Of course I love the black, white and red card card with the piercing - I know piercing isn't a challenge for you but it is for me and I rarely use it. Anyway you always inspire me!

Silli said...

Wonderful cards Joanne, love the cute images...

Carol L said...

If I ever grow up, I wanna stamp just like you!! These cards are all fabulous!! Love the funny one with that hysterical sentiment! LOL

Emily Keaton said...

These cards are so bright and vivid and fun, Joanne!! I love how you did the sleigh card. I can't wait to try my hand on that one :)

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Like Christmas for the eyes!!!!! WOnderful Joanne!!!

Virgo5 said...

LLove them both, great colours and texture!

Virgo5 said...

I'm back, didn't realize all 3 were in one post! Had to come back & tell you I love your MFP card, the bold colours pop and the snowflakes are the perfect embellishment!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational holiday card, Joanne!

I love the piercing and fabulous snowflakes with your beautiful horse-drawn sleigh!!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! All of these cards are just stunning!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Joanne, Joanne, my dear, you blow me away with your creativity!!! I absilutely LOVE all three of these beauties. WOW, you have been busy my friend! I hope you enjoyed that little time with your nephew and his wife the other day before they left. Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Vicki Dutcher said...

Aww Joanne- you are just amazing! Look at all these great cards! Fab coloring on that horse and sleigh!!

Joanne Travis said...

What a wonderful line-up of holiday cards!! Love them all.

Jessie/knightrone said...

They are all fabulous!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are fabulous, Jo! Wonderful details with the snowflakes, embossing and designer papers!

Traci M said...

So adorable Joanne...I just ordered some of those Pure Innocence stamps, and can't wait! You did great on both of these with your sketches, verstile and cute abound!

Anne Tussing said...

Beautiful cards! The last one totally cracks me up! I'd love that stamp!!

Barbara said...

You are goin' to town, girl! Fabulous cards, each and every one!

Silke Ledlow said...

Two more Joanne's BEAUTIES!!!! You rock GF!!! Hugs~S~

Anonymous said...

Oh look at all these beautiful cards! Love all the images you chose. Sweet! hugs, Angela

Lynda Benden said...

These are all fantastic Joanne! The Stampalicious card cracks me up!

Benzi said...

Fab cards, Joanne! I agree, that little pooch is adorable. You're really getting the holiday cards made.

Stacy Morgan said...

These are all so fun! The swiss dots for the snow is totally cute!