Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Thursday Challenges to Share

CCEE Challenge CCEE1041
Hostess - Shirley
Challenge - Faux Wood
I went pretty CAS on this one so that I wouldn't hide ALL the woodgrain.  I created the wood with a background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms (just can't believe they are gone!).  My image is from an old SU set I have recently rediscovered.  I added some snowflake brads and used a border punch.  AND...that's the whole story.....lol!!!

The rest of the team have been hard at work with their 'woodgrain' projects, so be sure to stop by the CCEE Blog to check them out.

Stampin B's #80
Hostess - Nancyruth
Challenge - Fall Colors
I guess I was in a pretty much CAS mood this week....as this one is also pretty clean and crisp.  The image is by Hero Arts and the dp is by Cosmo Cricket.  I used a CB basketweave embossing folder, did some piercing, and added a few brads and that is about that!!!!

The Stampin B's Blog will have the fab creations of the rest of the team.  Be sure to stop in and check them out.


REMEMBER....both teams would love for you to play along.  Details are at the team blogs.

10 comments:

StampOwl said...

these are both fabulous Joanne ... love the wood texture effect you used on the first

Cindy Haffner said...

Love both Joanne FABULOUS!!

Emily Keaton said...

Great cards, Joanne!! I love those sprigs (?? is that the right word??) of wheat. Super job with the fall colors!

wannabcre8tive said...

Jo, love both of your cards. The black/red/white, what wonderful colors to showcase that cute image. The wood texture looks wonderful.

Great fall colors and mix of dp's on your Stampin B card.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awww Jo, your first card is just adorable!! Love your piercing, colors and fabulous wood bg. Your second is so rich and gorgeous!! LOVE the basketweave at the top. WOW!!

Benzi said...

Wonderful cards, Joanne! Love the border punch on the first one...not sure I've seen it. And, your Stampin B card is great. Love the wonderful colors you've used and the wheat is so pretty on the pierced panel.

Silke Ledlow said...

Two beauties..Joanne!!! The brads on the first card are a perfect touch!!! Love the fall colors on the second card!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

LOL...I like that line "and that's the whole story...I might have to use that. :) This image is so cute and I LOVE that scalloped ege.

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful cards Joanne! LOVE that wood bg! Beautifully done!

Susan said...

I love the basketweave panel and those crisp greens! Nicely done, Joanne.