Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Beautiful (I wish!!!) Blogger Award
With this award is a requirement to share 7 things about yourself. So....here goes.....
1. I am a retired teacher of middle school students. I retired 4 years ago after 35 years. (yep....that means I am gettin up there in age.......don't be snickerin' you 'younguns'!!!)
2. My trip of a lifetime was a month spent in Japan as part of small group of New England educators. I (and other participants) can remember it as if it was yesterday. The trip included stays with Japanese families, a night spent in a Buddhist monastery, visiting a volcano area, staying on a sacred island, and just too many experiences to list here.
3. My friends collected throughout my life are my chosen family. They have been wonderfully supportive and loving through the years.
4. I love the ocean......which is why as you read this I am in coastal Maine. However, I love the ocean anywhere....Aruba, Bermuda, Florida, Connecticut, California, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Japan....really doesn't matter!!
4. I have dabbled in many crafts before stamping: quilting, sewing, basketmaking, stencilling, counted cross stitch, scrapbooking (just to name a few).
5. I love to read. This is a life long love of mine. I especially love mysteries and thrillers.
6. I have very weak peepers, so any day I wake up and see the ceiling fan is a FABULOUS day.
7. I LOVE jewelry.......and have amassed quite a collection through the years. Other people bring home trinkets from their travels....while I bring home a piece of jewelry (or two...or three....lol!!!)
Now I am also supposed to forward this on to 7 people. I am a bit of a whimp (there is an 8th fact from me) in picking 7 out of my many friends, so I am awarding this to anyone reading this who would like to tell us a bit about yourself. If you do, please leave me a comment here so I can go to your blog and enjoy your personal revelations.