Thursday, July 15, 2010

Monochromatic Sketch with Sentiment Focus

I have been very fortunate this month, as many of my CCEE and Stampin B's challenges could be combined together.  How fun is that??!!

For the Stampin B's this week, Lois is our hostess.  She challenged us to make a card with a sentiment as the focus of the card.

I am the hostess for July's challenges with the CCEE, and I created a sketch AND a twist.  The twist this week is to make a monochromatic card.

I used my new favorite paper from GinaK which is called Ocean Mist and is the closest paper I have ever found to Cool Caribbean. The only stamp used  (beside the sentiment which I forgot to write the company down) was on the vertical panel and it is a background stamp from Peddlar's Pack.  I added snowflakes made from Spellbinders snowflake dies and Martha Stewart punches.  Added a touch of bling,rounded the corners, CB'd the background, pierced a bit, and that was that.....!!!

Now be sure to visit both teams to see the creations of these fabulously talented stampers.  Here are the links to help you get to the team blogs.

CCEE
Stampin B's

Now remember...we would love for you to play along.  Just follow the directions on each team's blog.

Have a fabulous day!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous snow card and I really like that sentiment. Great color combo.

StampOwl said...

love this Joanne

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oooooo! This is really beautiful, JoJo! I see SnoSnot got involved with the project by incorporating all her beloved snowflakes. You're so good at sketch design; thanks for another great one!

(Pssst! Didja see Hootsie cheated? heh-heh-heh)

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Jo, I love that color.

Roxie said...

Beautiful Christmas card Joanne, nice colors and wonderful accents to go with them.

peggysue said...

Ohh that is pretty paper! Although I still have a really good stash of cool caribbean, thank you very much! I am hoping PTI's chartreuse will be a good sub for kiwi kiss. That is one beautiful card, you do the monochromatic very well.

Traci M said...

Love the soothing coolness of this, and I am in so much agreement with the sentiment...peace and snow go together, don't they?? Your sketch is wonderful, hope I can remember to try that one out!! Hugs to you!

Carol L said...

I love both the stamped and embossed backgrounds on this beauty!! The color is fantastic and I love cool caribbean!

Carol L said...

Enabler Alert!! LOL The embossing folder you saw on my blog is by SU! It's called square lattice and it's in the new catalog. I'm editing my post now to include that information! Also, if you're still looking for SU celery ribbon (retired) I saw it for sale on this blog yesterday under retired items for sale .

http://www.mariestamps.com/

jkreucher said...

Hi Joanne, what a beautiful card, I love this sentiment!
Judy

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, sooo beautiful, Joanne...I love the colors you used and all those awesoem snowflakes!!!! Yup...I'm ready for winter...it can come any time now!!!!!