Monday, May 24, 2010

ISC - May Artistic Projects Part 1

Welcome to Innovative Stamp Creations May Artistic Projects!!!

What do you enjoy most about stamping? Simply creating cards or making handmade gifts for others? Stamping has truly evolved from the very basic to now digital (nope, ISC will never go digital!). With that said, this month,-well, all months- are always unique at ISC –right?!

The Achitects’ were challenged to use many of the oldie-goodie stamp sheets, such as Rustic Artsy Swirls, Flowers Watercolor Effect, & Passion Flower to create gifts you could give a friend in need or just because!

Be sure to visit all of the Creative Architect blogs starting today until Wednesday May 26!  There will be different projects each day on each of their blogs.

First, a simple way to transform plain recipe cards using Flowers Watercolor Effect sheet, which is on SALE! Do you love to bake? See my fav recipe below! Which one is yours?

Here is a great recipe you could put on your cards...

Videlia Onion Dip (hot)

2 cups mayo
2 cups chopped Videlia Onions
2 cups grated Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together….place in oven safe dish (I used 9x 13).
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until it browns lightly and bubbles.
Serve with crackers, bits of bread, pita bread wedges, etc.


As you will see, I kept my recipe cards very simple so that they could actually be used easily.  However, YOU could make your recipe cards whatever size and design YOU would like.


Tip:  Fill out a recipe card and then place it in a small basket with the main ingredients needed, fill jelly jars with the dry ingredients and attach a recipe card....... the ideas are endless!
View more inspirational Recipe Cards from the rest of the Architects

Joanne (me!)
Julie
Karen
Kathy

Wishing you a wonderful and delcious journey through the blog visits.





AND......having nothing to do with ISC, but a card leftover from yesterday's playtime to share......

I created this with a fab new stamp set that just arrived from Walzingmouse.  Waltzingmouse is the sponsor of a challenge at Paper Play this week, and the challenge was to make a wedding card.  I kept it CAS.

15 comments:

StampOwl said...

love it Joanne ... and is that a punch I don't have hehe

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun little gift your fabulous recipe cards would make!! Super cute, Joanne!

Awesome punching on that divine wedding card!!

peggysue said...

Oh my I just bought vidalia onions yesterday to make French Onion soup this week, but that dip recipe looks marvelous! And I don't have that punch yet either or that nestability shape yet, but its on my list. Looks fab!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful recipe cards, Joanne! And I'll have to try the recipe since Vidalia onions grow here, lol.

Stacy Morgan said...

Wonderful recipe card, I am liking all the goodies everyone is adding to the cards. Mine are all plain white index cards. lol Going to have to step it up a notch!

Jodi Collins said...

These are AWESOME JOanne! LOVE the recipe card!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What fab projects! I love the recipe card and tag, and the RED just makes me smile all over! TFS.

Joan Ervin said...

Your recipe cards are beautiful, Joanne...what a fabulous gift!!!! I love the pretty wedding card, too...the script on the sentiment is lovely and the heart punched edge is just perfect for this!!!!

KAT said...

Mmmm that recipe sounds good - I love onions!

Love your recipe cards - they look like spring!

Traci M said...

Joanne, your wedding card is so pretty, is that Labels 10? That is the coolest sentiment.
And you know I love recipes, thanks for sharing your cute as can be card idea with the recipe...love it!!

Mandy said...

Lovely Wedding card, such a pretty punch and I love that shaped nestie.
Thanks for joining our Wedding challenge at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Such pretty recipe cards, and I love the beautiful wedding card, too! Have you considered joining those zany Punchkateers because I think you must have THE largest collection of punches. Remember how we use to tease Hootsie about her semi loads of stamps? I think you have semi loads of punches! Yup. I do. :-)

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Vidalia Onion Dip recipe. Sounds delish! Vidalia onions are our favorites of the onion family; we only wish they had a longer seasonal life.

Liz said...

Hello What a FAB card AND GREAT IDEAS Just beautiful work Thanks for playing weith paperplaY

lIZ X

Becki Jo said...

Yes Vidalia Onions are wonderful. I have a big bag of them here right now. I live just a couple of hours away from Vidalia, great town !

Love the recipe card and am going to try out the recipe too.