Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Wondrous Creation


Yesterday I mentioned that I was having a Christmas lunch with a dear friend, and that I might have a wonderful creation to share with you today! This dear friend, Cathy-san, is the most talented knitter I know. (Besides being on of the kindest, most positive people on Earth!) She makes sweaters she could easily sell in the four figures. And...she is always up to a challenge.....which is what I gave her months ago.

On SCS a shopping site, Mackenzie-Childs, was used for inspiration for the Inspiration Challenge and the site had a scarf that was so absolutely unique and fun (similar to ones found here). Well, my sister made a comment that she would love to have something like that! I put a buzz in Cathy-san's ear......and, despite a challenging year medically for herself, she managed to 'squeeze' in this beauty....no pattern provided...she had to 'wing' it!!!

Isn't it just fabulous!!!???

I just can't wait to see my sister's reaction to this fun AND warm gem!!! However, I am thinking that maybe I get the right to borrow it once in a while. It would really not be fair not to spread the enjoyment of this happenin' scarf with MY friends too!!!

Wishing you all a fantastic day! May you have many reasons to smile!!!!

8 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Omigosh, JoJo! What a GORGEOUS sweater!!! Your friend is truly blessed with a gift, especially to just "wing" such an intricate pattern. Your sister will be outta her mind with happiness!
I only have to work through tomorrow and then I'm off until January 4. Yaaaaaay!!!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! Your friend is so talented and I so wish I could knit like her...

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOW! Your sister will fall over when she sees this!! I think that entitles you to bowwor it occasionally! Your friend has quite a talent! WOW! Merry Christmas, my friend. I hope it's happy, and safe, and cozy and warm!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWW, she did a FANTASTIC job! It's gorgeous!

Merry Christmas!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Awesome sweater! What a talent - I'm in awe of anyone who can knit but especially with this expertise!

peggysue said...

Holy cow, that is amazing! How beautiful! And you are actually going to give it to your sister? I would be tempted to lose it and then 'find' it once my sister went home. "Oh sorry, I had to keep your present for myself!" That is one super talented and kind knitter.

Carol L said...

This is so incredibly beautiful and your sister is going to be one VERY delighted person when she receives it! What a fantastic gift!!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous scarf...I used to knit all the time but card making just got in the way!!! Your friend is sooo talented...I can't believe she just *winged* this beautiful creation!!! You may have to talk your friend into just one more so you won't have to borrow your sisters....LOL!!! Have a wonderful Christmas, Joanne!!!