Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sketchy Black and White


I have to thank my fellow Stampin B's Challenge team member, Lois (Clownmom) for motivating me to make a black and white card this week. She was somewhat surprised this week when the Stampin B's challenge was to use neutrals and I went with browns instead of my traditional and fav black and white. So, Lois, thanks for the urge to return to my roots!!!!

This was a rather simple card. The image is from SU. The designer papers are all from the same pack (but I forgot to bring the name upstairs....sorry!) Otherwise, I CB'd the white panel, added some black pearls and a bit of piercing. The sentiment is from a Verve set.

Thanks to Roxie's early post, I can now head to bed.....early for a Sketch Challenge night!!

9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Always love your black and white cards, so lovely.

Joan Ervin said...

Now this looks like a fabulous Joanne creation!!! I love the black and white color combo and your AWESOME design!!!! This is one elegant card, gf!!!

StampOwl said...

always love your black and white cards and this is no exception

Lois said...

It's about time I saw a black and white entry from you in this week's challenge! And this was definitely worth the wait!

Carol L said...

This is another fabulous creation and I love the black/white color combo! I'm kickin' myself 100 X's over for not buying this Fabulous Flowers stamp set when it was available *sigh*........great card!!

peggysue said...

I own that set and never would have thought to make it in black and white. I haven't pulled it out in such a long time . . . tell OLI I might be tempted to sell it. :)

ButterflyEars said...

Joanne, this is one terrific card. I love that beautiful flower, the monochromatic colors, the pearl, the piercing and the embossing. This all makes for one great card.
Nicole

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous!! Like I've always said...you are the master of B&W cards!! This is no exception to say the least!!

Mothermark said...

Yes, what ever happened to all your black and white? Its good to see you re-visiting it! As soon as we get some colder temps and snow I am sure we will be seeing a black and white card with a couple of snow flakes....Yes, SnoSnot???