Sunday, July 19, 2009

CDB Fairy Sweet

When playing last night I also made this sweet little card. I don't make many cards appropriate for young girls as I have all boys in the family (nephews, godsons). However, it was fun to play with the girlie colors and embellies. This stamps comes from a set called Make a Wish by Rita Marie and available from Creative Design Boutique. Isn't she one stylin' little fairy!!! The designer paper is also by Rita Marie.

I had a wonderful afternoon/evening today. As many of you know I LOVE the ocean and the peace I find there. Well today I went to a friend's picnic which was held at a rented cottage at Groton Long Point. For those of you not from our area, that is an area on Long Island Sound along the Connecticut coast. Wow....was that ever what I needed. Besides great company and mounds of food, the view was just gorgeous. Sailboats floated by, the sounds of little ones traveled over the water from the nearby beach, seagulls flying overhead, and the wondrous, majestic sight of the waters. Ah.....so relaxing. Add in some warm sunshine and a cool breeze and.....well....it was a little bit of heaven here on Earth!!

Hope you had a great day too!!!

8 comments:

StampOwl said...

hehe fairy sweet and cute

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE the colors in that plaid paper. It's so pretty with that sweet image.

...and LOL and your frog problem in your pool. My frog post was SOOOO not what you wanted to see, huh? ROFL!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh look how sweet, awesome work.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

The scene you've described sounds heavenly to me, too! There's nothing like the peace and tranquility of the water.

Your card is fairy sweet, my friend! Snugs!

Mothermark said...

This is the cutest little card! I love your girly little card! I am so glad you had some down time with your friends and know you, it was the ultimate perfect setting! How fun......good for you!!

Judy Rozema said...

So sweet and feminine!!

On my Prima that you asked about, I cut it off. Not sure I like it that way, but I had seen that somewhere and wanted to try it.

Joan Ervin said...

Oooh, I love this adorable girlie card with that super cute image!!!! Your little trip sounds wonderful, too...I could almost smell the salt air!!!

Traci M said...

Rita is too cute, and she looks like a happy little fairy too! Love the soft colors and that pretty ribbon, Joanne!
Your day sounds like a slice of heaven, a place I have not seen before but maybe someday!!