Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Purple Daizee

The Sketch Challenge this week was a simpler one compared to the wild and wacky sketch of last week. I decided to try a simpler style. I have a tendency to mat, mat, and mat, with at least one of those mats being black. It's a thing I have....can't explain it....it is just ME!!!! LOL!!!!

Well...I was going through my old 8.5 X 11 designer paper from my scrapbooking days and found some really 'deeeeelish' papers I apparantly had been hoarding without knowing it.....!!! This purple combo 'spoke' to me. So...that is how this purple beauty was born. I think that I have finally managed to make a CAS (for me....lol) card that I really do like.

The one image I used is part of the Dainty Daisies set by Innovative Stamp Creations, who will, by the way, be releasing some truly fabulous stamps really soon. Keep tuned in for some upcoming sneak peeks. This will be my first release as a permanent Architect on their design team.

The pool was very refreshing today, and really quite crowded for a Wednesday morning. I am thinking that the closing of the YMCA in a nearby city might have something to do with that. But, that's okay, as I don't begrudge anyone enjoying the healthy benefits and the fun of aquacise.

Have a wonderful day. We are bright and sunny right now, but storms are on their way. So I will enjoy the sunshine and blue skies while I can.

11 comments:

Carolyn King said...

that is absolutely beautiful joanne!!! love it!! Cannot wait to see all your new isc stuff!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my - Joanne - I love all that purple :) Gorgeous take on the Sketch!!! I didn't get a chance to play jet :( but hopefully soon!!! I love how you used the ISC Set!!! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers, so so pretty.

Mothermark said...

What a great looking card Joanne! Love it!

Hey, I was hoarding that paper, you weren't. That's why you didn't know you were! I can't believe you used it! Wassup wit dat???

I love the look of this! Bertie would really love it cuz its in her beloved purple!

I just love all of the sparkley glitter on it! Oh, you didn't put glitter on it? Maybe you were just stamping in your black pants that were all glittered up in Steamboat. Wow, leftover glitter! Snort!

StampOwl said...

wonderful card Joanne

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my WORD, I'm LOVIN' all the purple. Awesome!

Jodi Collins said...

CAS and TOTALLY fab! LOVE this Joanne! That paper is awesome and I LOVE the stamps you used and the white brads!!! The piercing is wonderful too (wink!)

Lois said...

Love the purple! Isn't it fun when you find something that turns out great!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so lovely and vivid, Joanne!!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, what beautiful colors on this gorgeous card, Joanne!!!! Love the new stamps, too...you did an awesome job with the sketch!!!

Traci M said...

I'm in love with your paper and it works perfectly with your design sketch, Joanne. I bet you know lots of people who love purple too!
Hey, you want to come here again and do water aerobics with me?? Cindy won't jump in the pool and I need a buddy to go...:)