Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dragonfly Drama....A Bit Late


This card was going to be a late entry for Friday's Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS. However, as I came here to the blog to post it, I realized I had totally cheated on the layers so I just couldn't upload it to the challenge. The challenge was to make a card with a 'bug' on it, use no designer paper, and have only up to 4 layers. Well, I obviously only remembered the BUG part. I used this fabulous black and white designer paper, AND I used 10 layers of cardstock. Just a WEE bit more than I was supposed to......lol!!! Oh well, that's okay. I really like this card which was made using one of Roxie's SC sketches.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I have been playing a bit with some new stamps I ordered from There She Goes. I will share some of those later this week. This card, however, was made with an unmounted stamp that is unmarked, so I'm not sure what company it is by. I also stayed up very late last night (actually the wee hours of this morning!) to finish reading a great book on my Kindle. So....my plans to catch up on sleep are now moved to tonight......but that is okay! That's one of the joys of retirement!

Have a great end to your weekend and a great start to your week!

Joanne

6 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - too bad you couldn't sumbit it - it's a gorgeous card!!! Love the colors on this one too!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

A real winner, sorry you are late. Beautiful.

StampOwl said...

beautiful card Joanne ...

Becky Carafa said...

10 layers, wowie! It's just beautiful, love the colors!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

A real beauty Joanne!! It really caught my eye, it's so striking!! Love the split negative!

summerdays42 said...

I love dragonflies and this is a peach. Great layout and colors.