Saturday, October 9, 2010

Crazy4Challenges AND Speedy's Friends

Speedy's Friends Challenge #24
Hostess - Moi!! (me, Joanne)
Challenge - Stripes
I must first apoligize for the phot.  IRL it is much sharper.  Because of my computer woes, my original pic was lost and I had to grab this from another site where it was stored, so just doesn't have the clarity of the original.  This card uses a set from an upcoming release at Mark's Finest Papers, called Snowman Country.  I just love this cup image....makes me think of cold winter days and warm, rich hot chocolate.

Now be sure to join us at the Speedy Blog to see the work of the rest of the team AND how you can play right along with us.

Crazy4Challenges -- C4C58
Hostess-- Silke Ledlow
Challenge -- Birthday Card

Silke will be celebrating her birthday this month, so she selected a birthday card as our challenge this week.  VERVE is our spongsor , so I used one of their sets to create this card.  I just love this particular set as ther are many different birthday sentiments to go with this divine cake.  I added some silver pearls to the edge of the cake and as an accent to the border.  The border punch is by MS.  I also used my Marvy Scallop Corner Rounder on the main image.

Now....take a look at the birthday cards created by the rest of the team at the C4C Blog.

And again....I apologize for my pics......in real life they are much sharper and bright.

As you view this post, I will be preparing for, participating in, or recovering from a Craft Supply Purge Sale with several other stampers.  I hope to come home with lots of empty boxes and some cash in hand....we shall see if all this purging/pricing/loading/waiting time was worth it....wish me luck!!!!

20 comments:

StampOwl said...

both gorgeous cards Joanne ... I also love that cup image

Silli said...

wonderful cards Joanne, love the colors...hugs

Carol L said...

I can't wait to see this latest MFP release. That snowman is adorable! Great cards, both of them, and I'll be playing along :)

Virgo5 said...

Oh what great colours you used, and of course love the texture! Hope the sale goes well and you come home with lots of cash...or new goodies!

Joanne Travis said...

This is fabulous, Joanne. I loved your challenge, I couldn't believe how much striped paper I had so it was fun to choose.
Good luck with the sale today. Hope you sell more than you buy :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your stripes with the dots! Such my favorite combo!

Harriet Skelly said...

Joanne both of your cards are beautiful! I love the colors you used and I also love that cup with the snowman and candy cane!

Lois said...

Both of your cards are wonderful, Joanne. I like the big polka dot embossing on the first one and your silver half-pearls on the second.

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF...both of your cards are so beautiful!!! I had to giggle when I saw your C4C card, because I bedazzled my cake with the Silver Pearls too. What can I say...great minds do think alike...*wink*!!! Hugs ~S~

Lynda Benden said...

Both cards are wonderful Joanne! Love the little beads on the Verve cake and the Speedy colors and image is fantastic!

Cindy Haffner said...

AWESOME Joanne.

redwasher1 said...

Joanne, I love how you did this!! Fantastic layout and combo of textures makes for a beautiful card!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Joanne! I love the colors and layers.

Barbara said...

Just beautiful, Joanne! Love that silver icing on the cake! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Wonderful card, Joanne!!

I love the fabulous colors you have used with your snowman mug!! Super cute!!

Benzi said...

What a great birthday card and I love how you placed your silver pearls. Of course, the Snowman Country card just gives thoughts of cold nights curled up with hot chocolate. Both are splendid!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely adorable!!

Traci M said...

Such pretty cards, Joanne!! Even with your computer woes, you seem to be running at top notch speed...I can relate to computer, blog, and any other technical difficulties. I sometimes get something to work, others, not so much. But I love your cards, and good luck with your purging and hope you made some cash!!

Joan Ervin said...

What gorgeous cards, Joanne...the little Christmas mug is sooo cute and I love how you added the silver pearls to the cake...both are super awesome!!!!

Maria said...

Oooh, wow. . .that cake can definitely put some lbs on someone. .esepcially, someone like me. It looks so delicious. I know it's a card, but you dressed up the cake so beautifully. Love the beads!! The Christmas card is so pretty too. . .I really love the colors and dp that you used!!

Maria