Thursday, September 30, 2010

CCEE Challenge and Stampin B's Challenge

Before getting to my challenge cards today, I need to make my apologies.  If you have noticed that I am not blog visiting lately it is because my main computer has died.  The motherboard litterally went up in flames.  Due to cancelled shows, an upcoming vacation, and then waiting for the next computer show where my sister will get a new computer put together for me, I am going to be somewhat out of the loop for a bit.  I am hoping to get my camera stuff loaded on this stampcave computer so I can once again take and upload pictures.  However, I generally do this AND my commenting on the upstairs computer where my monitor is bigger and easy to see with my weak peepers.  So....don't think I am ignoring you......I will comment occasionally from down here.  This weeks posts were already scheduled before the 'flames' took me out of the loop completely.
CCEE Challenge -- CCEE1039
Hostess -- Frances
Challenge -- Sketch
I used a favorite stamp by Innovative Stamp Creations on this sketch.  The background stamp is also from ISC.  The sentiment is from a travel themed set by MFT (My Favorite Things).  Other than that, I think you can tell pretty much what I did.

Be sure to stop in at the CCEE blog to see the wonderful creations from this sketch by the rest of our team.

Stampin B's Challenge #78
Hostess-- Me (Joanne)
Challenge -- Color Challenge of red, black, and white.
Once again I used an image by Innovative Stamp Creations...I am just in LOVE with these floral silhouettes.  I used a punch to created the side borders.  The sentiment is from a set by Cornish Heritage Farms (who sadly have closed their company).  Other than that I am sure you can figure out what I did in the creative process.

Now...hop, skip and jump to the Stampin B's blog to see the dramatic creations of the team.

NOW....be sure to check out how YOU can play right along with both teams' challenges.

11 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Joanne...I am so sorry to hear about your puter...mine caught a virus last week and cost a pretty penny to have it fixed...I feel your pain, gf!!! Your cards are jaw droppin gorgeous...I love how you divided the scene in the first one and the white flowers stamped on the red is sooo striking!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Joanne.

StampOwl said...

Glad you were able to rescue your cards ... hope you get a new puter soon!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh no!! I knew you were on fire with your stamping creativity, but, gee, I didn't know you were taking it literally! :-) Seriously, I'm sorry to hear about your 'puter, JoJo, and I hope your sister is able to get you back on track.
Your cards are both so very beautiful and stunning! I really like the beautiful scene work on your CCEE card and how you carried it across the panels. And, you can never go wrong with red, black, and white in my book! Beautimous!

Emily Keaton said...

What an amazing red/black/white card for your Stampin'B's challenge, Joanne!! This was a fun one to play with--thanks for a great one. I love your white-on-red silhouette :)

Cindi said...

great cards! I LOVE that cool map paper behind the beach scenes in teh first card..very cool
:)

Benzi said...

Joanne, what a striking card! Love those embossed floral silhouettes. Thanks for the wonderful challenge for the B's this week. I love that color combo, too. Mine is really RED hot. LOL

Benzi said...

Joanne, I missed your wonderful beach card...what a true sentiment. I really like the bg you used, just perfect. Love it!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the layout of the top card, and your coloring is fab, of course! For the StampinB's, thanks for choosing OUR favorite color combo!!!

Carolyn King said...

your cards are beautiful...LOVE your scene cards. Sorry to hear about your computer woes!!! YIPES!!!

Dawn B. said...

I had that happen to mine last year.. Luckily I had just backed up.. Good luck..WOW is that first card amazing. That is one tough sketch and I LOVE the way you took it on. The red, black and white are such beautiful strong colors together..:)